- Oddbjørn Gjerde
- WP2 Lead
- SINTEF Energi AS
A Data-driven Approach to Grid Impedance Identification for Impedance-based Stability
Challenge and objectiv
- Instability caused by inappropriate damping design of grid-connected converters under specific grid impedance makes the grid impedance estimation a crucial issue.
- To guide the design of system controllers to reach a more stable and adaptive system. To deal with various operating conditions, a three-stage data-driven approach for grid impedance identification with three different frequency ranges is proposed. The motivation is to take advantage of massive data coming from measurement and/or simulation.
- Clustering is used to partition the processed impedance data.
- A high order grid impedance model is generated for each frequency range, in accordance with the practice of resonance mitigation design.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- A more stable and flexible system is achieved by an improved controller design and tuning.
Reference in CINELDI
- C. Li, M. Molinas, O.B. Fosso, N. Qin, L. Zhu: "A Data-driven Approach to Grid Impedance Identification for Impedance-based Stability", IEEE Power Tech, 2019.