Use of flexible resources in grid operation – today and in the future (2030/2040)
Challenge and objective
- Increased need for monitoring and control in operation of the future power system. Use of flexible resources and Web-of-Cells in grid operation.
- Survey among DSOs participating in CINELDI.
- Development of a novel control architecture concept (Web-of-Cells/ELECTRA).
- A larger variety of flexible demand units is expected in the future – both type of demand and customer. Aggregators are needed to utilize smaller units.
- Hydrogen-fuelled systems, PV panels and wind turbines will be used for voltage regulation and balancing services.
- The availability of energy storage will increase towards 2030/2040.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- A new control architecture for utilizing flexible resources in grid.
Senior Research Scientist
- Hanne Sæle
- Senior Research Scientist
- +47 90 17 40 48
- Energy Systems
- SINTEF Energi AS
Reference in CINELDI