- Oddbjørn Gjerde
- WP2 Lead
- SINTEF Energi AS
Real-time power hardware-in-the-loop simulation platform to evaluate ancillary services in microgrids
Challenge and objective
- Smart grids is a game changer in the distribution grids.
- Prototype equipment and functions have to be tested and verified in a controlled, safe and realistic environment.
- A power-hardware-in-the-loop setup is under development.
- A building block for the proposed "Real-time power hardware-in-the-loop simulation platform to evaluate ancillary services in microgrids".
- The setup is able to operate one converter with an emulated load, a synchronization mechanism is needed to connect the other converter.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- Safe and realistic testing of new equipment before installation.
Reference in CINELDI
- Conference papers / Demonstration of the smart grid lab capabilities on Power Hardware-in-the-loop using an example of voltage collapse with converters connected in distribution grids.