Potential for household flexibility
Challenge and objective
- Capacity problems in the grid due to increased peak load. Identify potential for household flexibility.
- A survey among a representative sample of Norwegian households (2017).
- 3 out of 4 are willing to delay the start of washing machine, dishwasher etc.
- 2 out of 3 will accept remote load control of their water heater.
- 50% will share the available electricity with others, by manual reduction.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- Reduced peak loads and reduced need for new investments.
- Hanne Sæle
- WP3 Lead
- SINTEF Energi AS
Reference in CINELDI
- A chronicle describing the households customers' evaluation of their potential for flexibility, published in Dagens Næringsliv 21 September, Gemini.no and KS Bedrift Energi.