- Oddbjørn Gjerde
- WP1 Lead
- SINTEF Energi AS
Method for Identification and Modelling of Cybersecurity Risks in the Context of Smart Power Grids
Challenge and objective
- Smart grids introduce new vulnerabilities and risks.
- Risk analysis of cybersecurity particularly demanding due to interdisciplinary nature – existing state-of-the-art challenged.
- Implemented a model for qualitative risk analysis of cyber risk in smart grids based on parts of "CORAS" method risk analysis.
- Tested on an installation of self-healing functionality at a CINELDI DSO partner.
- A customized four-step approach to identification and modelling of cybersecurity risks in the context of smart power grids.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- Improved security of supply enabled by improved risk understanding and management.
Reference in CINELDI
- A. Omerovic et.al.: "A Feasibility Study of a Method for Identification and Modelling of Cybersecurity Risks in the Context of Smart Power Grids", paper to be presented at COMPLEXIS 2019.