- Hanne Sæle
- WP3 Lead
- SINTEF Energi AS
A Feasibility Study of Blockchain Technology As Local Energy Market Infrastructure
Challenge and objective
- Increased installation of RES in distribution grid. Establish local energy market to maintain the power quality.
- Technical, economic and regulatory analysis with use of blockchain technology.
- A blockchain solution is more expensive than a database solution when it comes to development costs. A blockchain solution presents new market possibilities, which could result in a more efficient market, and hence be more economically beneficial.
- The technology behind blockchain could provide arguments for changing today's regulations, and make it possible for end users to participate actively in an energy market.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- Increased knowledge related to use of blockchain technology for operating a local energy market.
Reference in CINELDI
- A master thesis "A Feasibility Study of Blockchain Technology As Local Energy Market Infrastructure", and a IEEE SEST 2019-paper.