REBUS will have its scientific impact by contributing to the currently limited body of research dealing with reuse in the construction industry by addressing the following five major research questions:
- What underlying factors, attitudes, perceptions, motivations, challenges and opportunities drive different stakeholders to reuse building materials?
- How can existing methods be further developed to evaluate the technical performance of reuse solutions?
- How can a novel evaluation method be developed to assess the sustainability of different reuse strategies and solutions that meet the needs and requirements of users?
- How can new knowledge and solutions for reuse be tested for efficient implementation in practice in the Norwegian construction industry?
- How can network strategies affect users' attitudes and behaviour that lead to more sustainable consumption?