Welcome to the 16th International Ferro-Alloys Congress (INFACON XVI) in Trondheim, Norway, 6-9 June 2021.
INFACON (International Ferroalloys Congress) was founded in South Africa in 1974 by the SAIMM (Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy), Mintek (then the National Institute for Metallurgy), and the Ferroalloys Producers' Association (FAPA) when the first INFACON was held in Johannesburg.
The intention of INFACON is to stimulate technical interchange on all aspects of ferroalloy production. INFACON contributes to the exchange of research and development covering the major and most of the minor ferroalloys.
- First announcement and call for papers: January 2020
- Submission of abstracts: 1 August 2020
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts: 1 October 2020
- Submission of papers using the supplied template: 31 December 2020
- Return of referees' comments to authors: 28 February 2021
- Submission of corrected papers: 31 Mars 2021
- Corrected papers finalised: 30 April 2021