- Magnus Korpås
- WP3 Lead
A Long-term Strategy Framework for Flexible Energy Operation of Residential Buildings
Challenge and objective
- How to represent long-term price signals to short-term operational models for energy management in buildings to better operational performance?
- Represent the long-term value of flexibility and incorporate long-term price signals into residential building operation.
- PhD-thesis submitted, where:
- A general long-term strategy framework has been formulated for energy management of buildings (LOSTFUTURE).
- A paper published in IJEPES June 2022 looked at long-term value of flexibility for demand charge reduction by individual contribution from flexible assets in a household.
- PhD-thesis successfully defended.
- The framework has multiple purposes for representing long-term price signals, all from monthly demand charge grid tariffs to seasonal storage units.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- Framework provides a way to make better use of flexibility in buildings for more long-term use, which could be extended to also include system perspective needs such as system services.
LOSTFUTURE – Long-term Strategy Framework for Future Building Operation
Reference in CINELDI
- K.E. Thorvaldsen "A Long-term Strategy Framework for Flexible Energy Operation of Residential Buildings", Doctoral thesis, NTNU, November 2022.