Method and tool for analysing the performance and dependability of advanced communication technologies
Challenge and objective
- Real time monitoring and control required due to large scale introduction of DERs.
- Such monitoring and state estimation systems have strong requirements on communication latency, reliability and security.
- Implemented a method of analysing performance of advanced communication technologies.
- A software tool , based on Möbius linked to external libraries, to analyse the impact of communication failures on the state estimation.
- The application is demonstrated through a case study.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- Improved security of supply by accounting for the communication system performance.
- Oddbjørn Gjerde
- Research Manager
- +47 99 73 00 27
- Energy Systems
- SINTEF Energi AS
Reference in CINELDI