- Gerd Kjølle
- WP6 Lead
- SINTEF Energi AS
Driving forces for intelligent distribution system innovation
Challenge and objective
- The future electricity grid will be a complex system-of-systems. Identify driving forces for distribution system innovation.
- Drivers, barriers and enablers for distribution system innovation, for the Norwegian grid anno 2040, are identified and structured.
- Driving forces sorted in megatrends, external and grid related.
- Evaluated in terms of importance and uncertainty.
Impact for distribution system innovation
- Better understanding of the complexity of the grid anno 2040 and providing a foundation for building scenarios for the future grid.
References in CINELDI
- Report on Drivers, enablers and barriers for intelligent electricity distribution system innovation, CINELDI report 01:2019.
- T.S. Hermansen, H. Vefsnmo, G. Kjølle and K. Sand: "Driving forces for intelligent distribution system innovation – results from a foresight process", CIRED 2019.