- At HFC we are associated to HFES - The Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. We recommend everybody to join as personal members in HFES.
- In Scandinavia, we have established a committed relationship with the following networks:
- MIT Humans and Automation Lab, http://web.mit.edu/aeroastro/labs/halab/index.shtml
- IEA - The International Ergonomics Assosiation, is an international umbrella organization for ergonomists and HF experts. See http://www.iea.cc/, IEA is representated in Norway.
- HFES - The Human Factors and Ergonomics Society is a HF network and organization with more than 4500 members in the U.S. and international. The members are psychologists, technologists, researchers, consultants, designers, etc. See http://www.hfes.org. HFES is a member of IEA and HFES has a European division
- HFES - Europe Chapter. HFES has a European division collected once a year, with good participation from Scandinavia and Europe. See http://www.conference.hfes-europe.org/.
- ESREL 2015 (European Safety and Reliability Conference) took place in Zurich 7th to the 10th of September with several Human Factors Track (Papers), the conference can be a useful meeting place between qualitative and quantitative safety issues.
IEHF in the UK - A Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors - see www.ergonomics.org.uk
- NTNU/IDI ́s UX lab is a continuation of the NSEP usability lab.We have now moved to a new location at IDI Gløshaugen and welcome colleagues and friends. Please see attachment for details.
- Publications from the University of Aberdeen – Industrial Psychology Research Centre (Prof R. Flin et al.): http://www.abdn.ac.uk/iprc/papers/
- A link to the CRIOP method for free download: www.criop.sintef.no.
- Link to "Managing competence for safety-related systems".
- From England the "Energy Institute" has developed "Human and Organisational Factors (HOF)" notes and brochures related to key human factors topics that may be of interest to the oil and gas industry, see www.energyinst.org/home for general information. See www.energyinst.org/technical/human-and-organisational for specific subjects on Human Factors.
- On the accompanying website is a list of bad ergonomics, see www.baddesigns.com.
Published November 22, 2012
Responsible project manager HFC: Stig.O.Johnsen@sintef.no