The 16th International Ferro-Alloys Conference, September 26-29, 2021 (Hybrid conference)
INFACON 2021 has been postponed due to the COVID-19,
September 26-29, 2021
We have the pleasure of inviting you to The 16th International Ferro-Alloys Conference on the Clarion Hotel Trondheim, Norway. The intention of INFACON is to stimulate technical interchange on all aspects of ferroalloy production. INFACON contributes to the exchange of research and development covering the major and most of the minor ferroalloys.
The organising committee for INFACON 2021 has decided to go for a conference that opens up for virtual attendance in addition to physical attendance at the event in Trondheim due to the uncertainty regarding the Covid-19 situation. We hope of cause that most of you will still be able to participate in Trondheim. However, to make sure INFACON 2021 will gather the whole ferroalloy community, we are now preparing for an alternative format for the conference.
The virtual part of the conference will be run on the conference platform OnAIR. As a virtual participant, you will have access to the entire program online, be able to participate in discussions in the hall via chat and meet other participants in our meeting hub. There will also be a virtual exhibition and exhibitor seminar, where participants can talk to exhibitors online.
- Jan 2020: First announcement and call for papers
- Oct 15, 2020: Closing date submission of abstracts
- Nov 10, 2020: Notification of acceptance of abstracts
- Feb 1, 2021: Submission of papers using the supplied template
- Apr 9, 2021: Notification of acceptance of paper and return of referees' comments to authors
- May 10, 2021: Submission of corrected papers
- May 10, 2021: Early bird registration (deadline)
- Sep 26-29, 2021: Conference dates