The main objective of GAMER is to design, build and operate a low cost 10 kW electrolyser system delivering at least 30 bar output of dry H2.
The system we design and build, will be operated for 2000 hours in a relevant environment. The project will develop materials and designs of the electrolyser system using standard industry components for the balance of plant (BoP), enabling efficient thermal management coupled with renewable or waste heat sources and steam.
The secondary objectives are:
- To design an innovative electrolysis system integrated in a renewable methanol plant with efficient thermal coupling of heat source (waste heat or from renewable geothermal source)
- To develop a high volume cost-effective tubular cell technology
- To assemble the novel cells and necessary balance of plant (BoP) equipment in a 10 kW prototype for pressurized operation
- To demonstrate the prototype in process relevant operating conditions
- To establish techno-economic evaluation and life cycle analysis (LCA) of the integrated technology
- To ensure efficient exploitation and roll-out of the novel technologies in industry post 2025