- Müller V., Marko A., Tobias K., Biegler M., , Rethmeier, M. Analysis and recycling of bronze grinding waste to produce maritime components using directed energy deposition. Conference LiM - Lasers in Manufacturing (2021). Proceeding of Lasers in Manufacturing Conference (2021). Link: https://wlt.de/sites/default/files/2021-10/directed_energy_deposition/Contribution_214.pdf
- Arbo S. M., Saai A., Sørli S., Dybdahl C., Onsøien M., and Nedreberg M.L. Optimization of Laser Metal Deposition process for 2205 Duplex Stainless Steel. Proceeding of the 25th International Conference on Material Forming (2022).
- Benjaminsen C. Om få år kan skipene 3D-printe sine reservedeler Gemini publications 20.01.2022 (Norwegian Media). https://www.sintef.no/siste-nytt/2022/om-fa-ar-kan-skipene-3d-printe-sine-reservedeler/
The project consortium delivers two reports.
- D2-1: Requirements on the project demonstrators and manufacturing processes.
The integration of AM in the supply chain of maritime components needs commune understanding of the technology advantages and limitations versus the requirements. The industries in the supply chain need to establish effective and appropriate plans for manufacturing and qualification procedure. Such plan should be based on class society standards and guidelines to ensure the certification of the manufacturing process and manufactured component. This report overviews some of current standards and guidelines related to directed energy deposition (DED) processes of metals. It defines the requirements on the project demonstrators (water jet impeller, propeller blade and pump impeller) according to class society guidance. It including requirements on geometry, surface finishing, physical and mechanical properties as well as requirements testing.
- D2-2: Plans for DED manufacturing and qualification testing.
This report includes the plans for manufacturing and qualification testing of the project demonstrators (water jet impeller, pump impeller and propeller blade). The manufacturing and testing procedures for each demonstrator were planned based on the requirements in accordance with class society guidance (deliverable D2-1).