Cooperation with DSTP / Chile.
Intentions of an agreement between the Chilean research and NYKOS are to :
- Share knowledge of sea disposal of mine tailings and to what extent submarine tailings disposal is an environmentally acceptable and sustainable alternative to landfill
- Establish professional networks between Norwegian and Chilean researchers in the areas of marine research and environmental technology
- Identify areas of research programs that are complementary or overlapping and which are cost-benefit effective
- Establish a common knowledge base about the pros and cons of submarine tailings disposal
- Strengthen the basis for the selection of waste management in the mining industry by professional documentation , thereby reducing uncertainty and increased predictability