INFACON (International Ferroalloys Congress) was founded in South Africa in 1974 by the SAIMM (Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy), Mintek (then the National Institute for Metallurgy), and the Ferroalloys Producers' Association (FAPA) when the first INFACON was held in Johannesburg.
The intention of INFACON is to stimulate technical interchange on all aspects of ferroalloy production. INFACON contributes to the exchange of research and development covering the major and most of the minor ferroalloys.
Our vision is CO2 free ferroalloy production.
The last conference was held in South Africa 2018. Read more about all the conferences
INFACON is controlled by the International Committee on Ferro-Alloys (ICFA) whose objective is to promote the holding of the congress every two to three years in appropriate locations and to retain the established high technical standard.
COVID-19: INFACON is well aware of the concerns and uncertainties surrounding travel plans at this time. We are moving forward with our plans for a safe, enjoyable, and professionally rewarding event, and we encourage you to do the same.
Any questions regarding your conference registration should be directed to:
Høgskolevegen 12, Trondheim, Norway
Local Organizing Committee
- Aud Wærnes, SINTEF (Head of the Conference)
- Merete Tangstad, NTNU (International Advisory Committee)
- Gabriella Tranell, NTNU (Publications)
- Eli Ringdalen, SINTEF (Scientific/Technical Program)
- Casper Van der Eijk, SINTEF (Post Conference Tours)
- Berit Fossum, SINTEF (Coordinator)
International Advisory Committee
- Dr Nic A. Barcza, Consultant, South Africa
- Professor Muxing Guo, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Dr Sergey Kim, Abishev Chemical-Metallurgical Institute, Kazakhstan
- Paul O'Shaughnessy, Consultant, UK
- Franciscus X. Prins, Elkem, Norway
- Ari Jokilaakso, Alto University, Finland
- Timo Fabritius, Oulu University, Finland
- Paul Beukes, North West University, South Africa
- Haijuan Wang, University of Science and Technology Beijing, China
- Joohyun Park, Hanyang University, Korea
- Mansoor Barati, University of Toronto, Canada
- Guðrún Arnbjörg Sævarsdóttir, Iceland
- Isabel Geldenhuys, MINTEK, South Afrika
- Rodney Jones, MINTEK, South Africa
- Lars Petter Maltby, Eyde Innovation Centre, Norway