WAS-XL (Wave loads and soil support for extra large monopiles) has to main goals:
- Hydrodynamic models for critical design loads.
- Load history-consistent soil support modelling procedures.
- Improve analysis tools and experimental techniques for wave loads on monopiles
- Enhance knowledge of the interaction between nonlinear loads from waves and nonlinear soil response for large-diameter monopiles
- Develop improved procedures to establish load-history-consistent soil stiffness
- Evaluate and propose improvements to existing design standards and practice