35 years history of joint research and significant contribution to DNV-GL and
NORSOK standards and guidelines for design of metallic structures within the areas of:
- Fatigue and fracture
- Corrosion and wear
- Surface protection and modification
- Environmentally assisted cracking
- Structural integrity assessment
The partners hold experimental as well as numerical modelling competence at every length scale. All partners are located at Perleporten at Gløshaugen and share workshop and laboratory facilities.
The Centre is founded on and will contribute to obtain the goals in the overall strategies of the partners:
- NTNU IPM: To become an international leading research group within engineering design and materials which combines applied research and practical applications for increased value creation in the society.
- NTNU KT: Cutting edge experimental and modelling technology for performance based design and innovation of safe, healthy and efficient structures of all scales.
- SINTEF Materials and Chemistry: SINTEF MC shall be a preferred R&D supplier and partner for the national and international industry in our main domains. SINTEF MC shall be recognized as a leading research institute in Europe in our main scientific domains, including materials technology, advanced materials and nanotechnology, applied chemistry, biotechnology and applied biology.