What is ENERLYTE?
Li ion batteries are critical to many of the personal electronics and most electric cars in the world today. The future of these batteries is based upon increasing energy density by raising the voltage to 5V. However, this approach is currently limited by the oxidative stability limit of the electrolyte. Enerlyte proposes to address this problem, and increase safety in high-voltage Li ion batteries, in three ways:
- Find replacements for the traditional liquid electrolyte formulations. The 2nd and 3rd approaches aim to remove the liquid electrolyte from batteries altogether, reducing flammability and contamination risk on battery failure.
- Develop 5 V stable, solid polymer electrolytes and improve understand of SPE mechanisms and requirements.
- Develop 5 V stable, solid polymer, ceramic composite electrolyte to further increase the structural stability and the ionic conductivity.
Nils Peter WagnerSenior Research Scientist
- Nils Peter Wagner
- Senior Research Scientist
- +47 45 06 07 39
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- SINTEF AS