Our services and customers:
We cooperate with both land based process industry and oil and gas companies in order to improve their processes in order to reduce emissions and improve efficiency. Simulation models of the process are developed to be used in conjunction with a suitable process synthesis methodology for process improvement. The main classes of process synthesis methodologies are: Optimization, thermodynamic methods such as pinch and exergy analysis, and heuristics.
We work in these areas:
- Optimization of processes for liquefaction of natural gas and hydrogen
- Process integration (heat integration, exergy analysis) of industrial processes
For optimization problems, we normally use a combination of existing optimization routines (both gradient and non-gradient based) combined with a simulation model. The integration between the various optimization routines and the simulations model will be adapted to the different tools used. The objective function and constraints are identified and possible reformulated for better performance.
When the purpose is more of process improvements, various methodologies are used to identify process units with the largest potential for improvements based on thermodynamic methods such as exergy analysis, pinch analysis and various tools developed in house.
Typical projects for us are:
- Optimization of process flowsheets for various criteria
- Modification of process flowsheets
- Identification of process units with the most significant potential for improvement