Don't forget to download the conference app!
We have gathered all useful and important information in a conference app. In the app you will see:
To do this, just follow the easy steps below.
How to download and install conference app
- Download the Ex Ordo app on your phone from either the App Store (iOS) or the Google Play Store (Android)
- Once the app is installed, click the Ex Ordo icon that now appears on your phone screen.
- You can now search for the guide. To find the guide type in TCCS-10 into the search box
- If you would like to receive notifications from the conference organisers and interact with other users of the guide you will have to log in. Here is an article that explains the process - Check in and Connect
NOTE: You have to create a new account for logging into the guide.
Walking from the city centre to TCCS-10 through historical sights
The Conference is just a 20-25 minutes walk from the City centre. There are two alternate routes you can walk, both taking you through beautiful, historical sights in Trondheim like the Old Town (Bakklandet) and Nidaros Cathedral (Nidarosdomen).
Check out the videos below to see where the routes take you and what to expect to see.
|Route 1 from the Royal Garden Hotel to Gløshaugen||Route 2 from the Royal Garden Hotel to Gløshaugen|
Banks are located downtown. Banking hours are usually 9:00 - 15:00 (Monday-Friday). Cash machines (ATMs) are available in the city centre - ask at the hotel for locations.
There is a coat and luggage room available next to the conference secratariat (Auditorium EL5 area). The room is not continuously guarded, so do not leave valuables!
The conference secretariat desk will be located outside Auditorium EL5 on the main floor. If you need assistance or information, please contact Ms. An Hilmo, phone: + 47 957 36 650.
The conference takes place at Gløshaugen (NTNU campus), Trondheim.
The Keynote sessions will (on both days) be in Auditorium F1 - appx. 100 m from the Conference secretariat
- Four parallel sessions will be held in the "Gamle Elektro", O.S. Bragstads Plass, Gløshaugen (NTNU campus)
- The fifth parallel session will take place in Auditorium F1 (same as Keynote session)
Special dietary meals have been pre-ordered based on registrations. Participants who have informed us of special dietary needs should identify themselves at lunch and dinner.
EMERGENCY TELEPHONE NUMBERS
- Fire: 110
- Police: 112
- Ambulance: 113
GUIDED TOUR FOR ACCOMPANYING PERSONS
A guided tour is offered on Tuesday June 18, from 10:00 - 12:00. A guide will meet you at the hotel reception of Radisson Blu Royal Garden Hotel at 10.00. The duration of the walk is approximately 2 hours.
The NTNU campus has a free wireless network. Choose the net named "ntnuguest" (not secured). "Eduroam" also works.
The organizers are not liable for any losses, accidents or damage to persons or objects, regardless of the cause. Participants attend the conference and all related activities at their own risk and responsibility. Do not leave any computers or other valuable items in the auditoriums during lunch breaks or other breaks.
LOST AND FOUND
Items found in auditoriums and elsewhere can be left with the Conference Secretariat. Check with the Secretariat if you have lost something during the conference.
LUNCH AND COFFEE BREAKS
Lunch will be served at the restaurant "Hangaren". Participants with special dietary requests should contact the canteen personnel. Coffee and other refreshments are served outside Auditorium EL5.
NO SMOKING POLICY
Smoking is not permitted in any indoor public areas in Norway. This includes the conference facilities and all buildings on the campus. There is no smoking in bars and restaurants or on any means of public transport.
A photographer will take pictures of presenters and participants throughout the conference.
There will be a "Poster reception desk" in the Poster area outside Auditorium EL5. Please, register your poster there upon arrival. You will need to put up your poster - information will be given at the desk. The poster session takes place outside Auditorium EL5 between 15:00 and 16:00 on June 18. Recommended format for posters is 80x115 cm (maximum size: 84x119 cm (A0)).
(please, note that the time schedule could change)
- 19:00 Registration opens at Scandic Nidelven Hotel (Havnegata 1-3, 7400 Trondheim)
- 20:00 Welcome reception at Scandic Nidelven Hotel
- 07:45 Conference busses depart from Radisson Blu Royal Garden Hotel to Gløshaugen (NTNU campus)
- 08:00 Check-in and registration at "Gamle Elektro", O.S. Bragstads Plass, Gløshaugen (NTNU campus)
- 08:30 Opening session (Auditorium F1), IT-Building, south wing
- 12:00 Lunch at restaurant "Hangaren"
- 13:00 – 17:20 Parallel sessions
- 15:20 – 16:00 Poster session in EL building
- 17:20 End of technical program
- 17:30 Conference busses depart from NTNU campus (in front of the NTNU Main Building) to Radisson Blu Royal Garden Hotel
- 18:30 Concert at the Nidaros Cathedral (be there at 18:20!)
- 20:00 Conference Dinner at Scandic Nidelven Hotel
- 07:45 Conference busses depart from Radisson Blu Royal Garden Hotel to Gløshaugen (NTNU campus)
- 08:30 Start of Day 2 (Keynote session, Auditorium F1)
- 10:20 – 16:00 Parallel sessions
- 12:00 – 13:00 Lunch at the restaurant "Hangaren"
- 16:00 End of Conference
- 16:15 Conference busses depart from NTNU campus (in front of the NTNU Main Building) to Værnes airport / city center (separate buses)
(please, note again that the time schedule could change)
Bus from airport to Trondheim (city centre)
There is a shuttle bus leaving from the airport after every flight arrival. Different companies operate the busses.
- Flybussen: For Scandic Nidelven Hotel and Radisson Blu Royal Garden Hotel, you get off the bus at the "Sentral Station" stop, which is about 300 meters from the hotels. The price is NOK 180/290 (one way/round trip).
- Værnes-Ekspressen: This is the best option for the TCCS-10 hotels as there is a bus stop just in front of the Radisson Blu Royal Garden Hotel. The price is NOK 170/260 (one way/round trip).
Discounted rates can be obtained when purchasing ticets online (see links below).
Bus from the city center to the airport
There is a shuttle bus leaving from several stops in the city centre to the airport regularly, every 15 minutes (Flybussen/Værnes-Ekspressen). The price is NOK 180/170.
Bus from the airport to the conference venue
There is a shuttle bus leaving from the airport after every flight arrival. Both Flybussen and Værnes-Ekspressen are suitable. Get off the bus at the "Studentersamfunnet" bus stop. The conference venue is about five minutes up the hill by foot from the bus stop. The price is NOK 180/170 (Flybussen/Værnes-Ekspressen).
Bus from the city centre to the conference venue
Buses on route no. 22 (company: AtB) leave every 15 minutes from the city centre ("Solsiden" or "Nova kinosenter" stop) to the campus. The bus fare is NOK 38 (pre-paid) and NOK 60 (cash). Get off at "Gløshaugen Syd".
Taxi from the airport to the conference venue/city centre
The trip between the airport and the city centre costs from NOK 800 (regular taxi) and takes about 30 min. You can pre-order a "Flytaxi" (Trøndertaxi - "airport taxi") for NOK 429 (you will likely have to share the taxi with 1-2 other persons).
Taxi from the city centre to the conference venue
The trip takes 5-10 minutes from the city centre and costs appx. NOK 150.
Private conference busses
There will be a daily pick-up bus both mornings (June 18 and 19) leaving Radisson Blu Hotel - they are marked with the conference logo.
- June 18: Busses leave from Radisson Blu Royal Garden Hotel at 07:45 sharp, and take the participants to the conference venue. The busses return to Royal Garden Hotel at end day one, from the NTNU Main Building.
- June 19: Busses leave in the morning from Radisson Blu Royal Garden Hotel at 08:00 and take the participants to the conference venue.
- June 19: Busses leave after the conference from the venue (in front of the NTNU Main Building) at 16:15 and take the participants to the airport.
There will also be a bus from the conference venue to Radisson Blu Royal Garden Hotel at 16:15 (leaves from the NTNU Main Building).
Monday June 17 – 20:30
Welcome reception at Scandic Nidelven Hotel. There will be possibilities for check-in and registration during the gathering. We encourage the participants to do so.
Tuesday June 18 – 18:30
Concert with organ music and the Nidaros Cathedral Girls' Choir at the Nidaros Cathedral (please, meet at 18:20 in front of the west entrance).
Nidaros Cathedral was built above the grave of St. Olav, Norway's patron saint. Construction began in 1070, but the oldest components are still available from the middle of the twelfth century. Devastated by fire at several occasions, it laid in rubble at the time of the Reformation in 1537. The Cathedral was reconstructed each time, chiefly in the Gothic style, but the oldest parts around the transept reflected the Roman style. In 1869, extensive renovations were begun, and a century later the Cathedral was again restored to its initial grandeur.
The west wall is the main front of the church. The axis of the wall displays the crucified Christ in Judgment, at the head, Christ enthroned in glory the church was devoted to Christ in the Middle Ages and was called the Crystals Church, the Church of Christ. It is richly decorated in stone, with magnificent stained-glass windows from the twentieth century.
Today, the Cathedral still attracts many visitors. The Cathedral also serves as a parish church for inhabitants of the city of Trondheim. Moreover, music recitals in the Cathedral offer sublime listening experiences under the high vaulted arches.
Tuesday June 18 – 20:00
Conference Dinner at Rica Nidelven Hotel. A highlight of the evening is the presentation of the SINTEF and NTNU CCS Award. The dress code at the dinner is casual.
STREAMING OF KEYNOTE SESSIONS
Keynote sessions will be streamed and made available on Youtube. Some short sequences might contain the audience.
- Visit Trondheim: http://visittrondheim.no/en
- Visit Norway: https://www.visitnorway.com/
- Trondheim.com: https://trondheim.com/
The NTNU campus is located some 3 km (~30 minutes walk) from the city centre. See map for recommended route.
QUESTIONS AND GENERAL INFORMATION
Please, contact An Hilmo by e-mail (Trondheim_CCS.email@example.com) or by phone (+ 47 957 36 650).