The aim of this project was to substantiate feasible technologies for enabling pressure tolerant power electronics converters for operation at 300 bar ambient pressure (3000 m sea depth).
Methods for approaching the project goals were as follows:
- Innovative work on methods for accommodating power components to pressurized liquid environment.
- Experimental work with component and power circuits in pressurized environment up to 300 bar.
- Exploitation of open results from international work on pressure tolerant electronics.
- Consultancy with international expertise.
- Component manufacturer
- Cooperation with related research projects.
- The Petromaks KMB project "Power Insulation Material" on material problems.
- The Petromaks KMB project "Power System" on numerical analysis.
- The Petromaks SUP project "Enabling technology for Subsea production of oil and gas using electricity for power Supply and control" on pressure tolerant components and reliability.
- Guidance of Project, Master and PhD students at NTNU, and exploitation of their results