WP2: Evaluation of lifetime test methods
Objective: To provide lifetime models that are applicable for real high voltage converter applications based on prevailing models used for accelerated testing. Furthermore to contribute towards standardization of semiconductor lifetime test methods.
WP highlights (May 2017):
- Review of existing life time test methods regarding their applicability for the converter normal operation modes
- Decided to elaborate two published models, especially focusing formula validity for low ΔT (temperature swings) of hot-spots
- Decided to investigating correlations between stress conditions such as between high and low ΔT
- Processing results from the WP4 IGBT test programs and inputs to continuing experiments.
- Initial model valuation based on two power cycling test runs; One high and one low temperature swing of IGBT junction temperature