Our strength is the combination of numerical modeling and experimental testing and verification in all scales of applications.
The department has a strong mix of long-term competence building research projects with our industrial partners, and short-term industrial testing and verification projects. We have international materials technology expertise related to components and structures. Currently the oil and gas sector is the largest industrial market.
- Welding and joining, Hyperbaric welding
- Fracture and fatigue assessments
- Hydrogen embrittlement
- Drilling and mechanical rock excavation
Markets and applications:
- Offshore structures and components
- Drilling tools and systems
- Fracture mechanics
- Physical metallurgy
- Microstructural investigations
Contact: Magnus Eriksson