SINTEF Ocean is searching for new and curious researchers to work with the marine structures of the future. Our research is focused on several applications, such as offshore wind, floating solar, offshore energy and coastal structures. We work with development of analysis methods, and we perform analyses and studies, both numerically and experimentally in hydrodynamic laboratories. We also develop numerical tools and commercial simulation software. Our research projects are funded by the Research Council of Norway, the European Commission and our industrial partners. We have a strong and robust project portfolio with both long term and short term projects. We are hosting a centre for research-based innovation called SFI BLUES – Floating structures for the next generation ocean industries (www.sfiblues.no).
As Researcher your tasks will be within one or several of the areas:
- Development of methods and numerical tools for simulation, design and analysis of fixed and floating structures
- Carry out analysis and concept studies
- Laboratory testing
- Project management and project development
We are looking for candidates:
- Having a MSc or PhD witin marine hydrodynamics, marine structures, structural dynamics, aerodynamics, cybernetics or similar.
- Having competence within some of the following topics mooring systems, fixed or floating structures, offshore wind, dynamic response, optimization, programming or software development.
- That are passionate about technological opportunities in the ocean
- Have knowledge about or experience with project development and research proposals for the Research Council of Norway and/or European Commision.
- That are team players and have the power to implement.
- That are curious, entreprising and creative.
- Having good written and oral communication skills.
- That are motivated by the possibility to develop technology for a better society.
- That are recently graduated or have some experience from working life.
- Exciting and challenging tasks in an internationally leading R&D environment within marine technology.
- A pleasant working environment with highly skilled colleagues from more than twenty nations
- Flexibel working hours, good pension, insurance and welfare schemes, competetive salary
- Courses and personal development through the SINTEF school
- Great opportunities for scientific and personal development in an organisation where responsability and initiative is highly values
- Possibility to shape your own working day
The place of work will in Trondheim. We are asking for concise applications with CV and transcript of records within September 30, 2023.
For more information about the positions, please contact:
Research manager for marine structures
Phone: +47 91874693