The SINTEF Brussels office is looking for a student intern for the fall of 2023. The call is open to candidates in MA programs that require student internships and students with a completed BA in European Studies, Political Studies, Social Sciences, Economics and other relevant studies in the spring of 2023.
SINTEF is one of Europe's largest independent research organizations with top-level international expertise in technology, the natural sciences, medicine, and the social sciences.
As a student intern in our SINTEF Brussels office, you will gain experience working with the SINTEF Brussels office staff in assisting SINTEF to promote participation in EU-funded research initiatives. You will learn about the EU's new framework program for research and innovation, Horizon Europe. Furthermore, you will support the activities of SINTEF in its Norwegian and European networks.
Activities that you could expect to include:
- Work-related to monitoring Horizon Europe and other relevant EU initiatives
- Participation in relevant meetings and conferences
- Participation in working groups meetings of relevant networks where the office is part
- Support in organization of SINTEF events in Brussels, as well as other administrative tasks
- Support the work of SINTEF staff members on topics such as policy, strategy, research, and communication
The trainee is expected to work independently, under the guidance of a staff member when needed. As the trainee will be part of the office's regular working routine, further activities could occur on the spot- during their assignment to the office's staff. A strong background in written communication is a prerequisite. Oral and writing knowledge in Norwegian is a prerequisite.
Duration of the traineeship The proposed duration of the traineeship is September - December 2023.
Compensation Financially, students from Norwegian universities are eligible for Lånekassen and Erasmus+ funding. However, SINTEF's Brussels Office also offers an allowance of a maximum 10 000 NOK towards interns' direct housing expenses.