The key to many of our time's greatest challenges lies in the ocean. SINTEF Ocean is developing the future's ocean-based industries within the areas of food, energy, environment and transportation. We currently have an open position as a researcher in the field of marine hydrodynamics.
SINTEF Ocean has significant research activity within the field of marine hydrodynamics. Our research activities are aimed at multiple industries, both nationally and internationally: maritime, offshore wind, aquaculture, oil and gas, and various coastal constructions. Our department is involved in multiple large research centres, while also completing projects in close collaboration with industry actors. Our work approach is project based, and each of our project can be conducted with a wide team in order to combine complementary research approaches such as experiments, numerical analysis and software development, providing the best possible content to our customers. SINTEF Ocean runs one of the world's leading laboratory environments for the advanced testing of ships and ocean constructions. Together with NTNU, we are working on the establishment of Ocean Space Centre, which will be our future research centre.
Tasks for this position will be within the following areas:
- Establish, manage and participate in research projects and performance evaluation projects in cooperation with industry and research actors.
- Perform hydrodynamic analysis by means of CFD, within one or several of the following marine industries: maritime, offshore wind, aquaculture, oil and gas, coastal infrastructures.
- Publish research findings through both scientific and popular channels.
- Contribute to the development of our CFD competences and services.
SINTEF is looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Master degree or PhD within fluid mechanics,
- Experience with hydrodynamic analysis by means of CFD,
- Good skills in both Norwegian and English
It is an advantage if the candidate has:
- Experience with establishing and managing projects,
- Experience and good network within one or several marine industries,
- Experience with StarCCM+, OpenFOAM, Rhinoceros3D, CAESES
- Taking initiative and finding inspiration in discovering new solutions and answers
- Good cooperation skills, ability to work in a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical and organisational skills
- Motivated by the opportunity to develop technology for a better society
What SINTEF can offer:
- A world-leading research environment with a meaningful societal application
- A dynamic working environment that values diversity and initiative
- A varied and flexible workday
- Unique opportunities for professional and personal development in an environment where the majority of researchers have doctorates
- Competitive salary with good welfare offerings
- A modern pension scheme with very good insurance benefits
If interested, please submit a concise application text, together with your CV and transcripts.