SINTEF is seeking our next generation of problem solvers
SINTEF is one of Europe’s largest independent research institutes. For more than 70 years we have helped to promote growth, innovation and technological solutions for our clients and wider society. Together with our clients, we are working ceaselessly to promote competitiveness and generate benefits for society. The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals are fundamental to the work we carry out at SINTEF. SINTEF’s vision is ‘Technology for a Better Society’.
SINTEF Ocean is a leading research body within technology for the aquaculture industry, and the research spans between the conventional open cage production systems, closed containment systems, land-based systems, and offshore fish farming. Future solutions will include technologies such as digital solutions, autonomous units, and robust structures, where understanding of operations and biological effects in production on land and in sea will be crucial.
We are working along the complete value chain of aquaculture industry, from the fish is hatched to slaughter and processing to the end product. The Aquaculture department is developing knowledge and technology supporting sustainable growth and added value. We have a strategy for increasing our activities within closed containment and semi-closed production systems. The need in the aquaculture industry is large, and we experience an increased demand for our competence. The department consists of 3 multidiscipline teams; Aquaculture constructions & safety, Aquaculture operations & robotics and Production biology & production environment.
We are seeking new colleagues with background and/or competence in the following technical disciplines:
- Bioinformatics or molecular biology with strong competence in bioinformatic data processing
- Water quality and water treatment in closed production systems
- Numerical modelling (CFD), preferably with experience in biological engineering, flows and bioreactor modelling
- Hydrodynamics/ response simulations with use of numerical methods and experiments
- Development of digital simulation tools for use in hydrodynamical simulation and development of digital twins
SINTEF is seeking
- Master of Science or PhD in relevant technical discipline
- Experience in management of research projects
- Relevant experience from seafood or nutrition industry
- Understanding of biological systems or fish farming
- Domain knowledge of fish farming or fishery technology
- Clever, eager and has initiative
- Works both independently and in collaboration with multidiscipline team
- Communicates well in Norwegian, orally and in writing
- A job in one of Europe's leading research institutes, with large societal impact
- Unique possibilities for personal development in a highly acknowledged competence environment. We can facilitate the research position in SINTEF with PhD study or post doc work.
- Engaged, skilled and enjoyable colleagues
- Access to world leading laboratories for research on technology for the ocean space
- Exciting and challenging work tasks in multidiscipline teams
- Competitive salary and welfare services
- A modern pension scheme and very good assurance arrangements
A short application with CV/ resume and grades to be sent within 30th of January 2022.