- The petroleum industry – robotics for inspection and maintenance.
- The food industry – robotics for quality assurance and fish processing.
- The manufacturing industry – flexible solutions for rapidly changing production lines.
- The healthcare sector – personal assistant robots.
- Search and rescue – aerial or mobile, snake-like, robots providing rapid situational awareness and emergency access to hazardous areas.
For decades, robots have offered industries high-speed and high-precision task-solving capabilities. Today, they are deployed in new areas such as the petroleum industry, and in the domestic and healthcare sectors. SINTEF ICT has developed both universal and tailored robotic systems for a large range of applications within fields such as: