The study covers the area from 70° to 74° N and from 16° 20' to 22° E. This project is available for purchase and comprises a project report and a Petrel model project bundling all model input and result data.
The final Petrel model specifically contains basin modelling results on
- Palaeo-bathymetry reconstructions
- Erosion and burial histories
- Thermal (heat flow) histories
- Overpressure histories
- Source rock properties and volumes
- Maturation, expulsion and secondary migration histories
- Stochastic considerations of the secondary migration histories
In contrast to the Integrated Barents Sea Study of 2005 and the Basin Modelling Upgrade of 2008 the present study:
- focus on a smaller region but make use of newly generated and more detailed depth maps,
- is based on a much more detailed fault model,
- includes pressure modelling,
- concentrate on petroleum migration into selected Mesozoic play types, and
assess uncertainties of the petroleum systems modelling using Monte-Carlo-type sensitivity analysis.