Small scale decentralized plants create sustainable low impact clean production, energy supply and job opportunities.
SINTEF is involved in the development of technologies for sustainable production of:
- Second generation biofuels
- Commodity and fine chemicals
- Feed and food
Comprehensive interdisciplinary research on carbon neutral substitution
and replacement of fossil fuel based products is performed.
Our research comprises:
- Biomass characterization
- Bio-chemical conversion
- Thermo-chemical conversion and catalytic conversion processes
- Integration and optimization of material and energy flows
- Technical and economical Evaluation