Optimal AVO is an in-house 2D code that allows a better AVO analysis than traditional estimations (Zoeppritz equations).
Our Approach is an optimal linear approximation. The reflection coefficient is expressed by a series of constants and functions:
That allows a better estimation of seismic parameters contrasts.
Advantages of OptAVO
- Use larger offsets (around critical angle) and get more out of the amplitudes in your data.
- Include high-order effects (anisotropy, absorption, head waves, etc) and skip the high-frequency Zoeppritz equation.
- Three-coefficient AVO becomes realistic.
- Orthonormal basis of functions.
- Crossplots with better discrimination between different scenarios.
- Estimation of errors and uncertainties caused by different factors.
- Tool to help making the diagnostic of post-mortem cases and obtaining correct interpretations of the amplitude information in your data, in each different situation.
- PS AVO, azimuth studies, 4D AVO, …