Center for Integrated Operations in the Petroleum Industry (IO Center)
Integrated Operations (IO) is the integration of people, work processes and technology to make smarter decisions and better execution. It is enabled by the use of ubiquitous real time data, collaborative techniques and multiple expertise across disciplines, organizations and geographical locations.
The IO Center (link) conducts research, innovation and education within the field of IO, to promote increased oil recovery, accelerated production, reduced operating costs, and enhanced safety and environmental standards. These four topics are addressed through four different programs:
- Program 1: Drilling and Well Construction
- Program 2: Reservoir Management and Production Optimization
- Program 3: Operation and Maintenance
- Program 4: New Work Processes and Enabling Technology
The Drilling and Well Construction Department is heavily involved in Program 1, managed by Tor Stein Ølberg. Program 1 is divided into the following four sub-projects:
- Integrated Drilling Simulator with Virtual Wellbore. Project manager: Thor Ole Gulsrud
- Automated Interpretation, Diagnostics and Advisory in Real Time. Project manager: Roar Nybø
- Work Processes and Experience Transfer. Project manager: Torbjørn Korsvold
(SINTEF Technology and Society)
- Utilization of Increased Bandwidth from Borehole. Project manager: George Halsey
More information can be found on the IO Center website.
Contacts: Thor Ole Gulsrud