We are an interdisciplinary team involved in modelling and analysis of energy use, end-use markets and combined gas, power and heat distribution systems.
With our experience from the development of the Nordic power market, the first well functioning international power marked in the world, we deliver analyses and solutions for a society in constant change. The team has a broad academic profile, and cooperates with a number of different academic groups both at SINTEF/NTNU, in Norway and internationally.
Through our work we focus on socio-economic optimal utilization of resources and interaction between them, to the best for the environment and the consumers. By participating in large national and international projects, we wish to make a contribution to reach EU’s so-called 20-20-20 goals:
- 20 % of primary energy to be delivered by renewables
- 20 % reduction of emission of green house gasses
- 20 % more energy efficient
This is done through:
- A general system perspective
- Technical and economic analyses
- Developing optimization and forecasting models
- Focus on end-users/consumers
- Factual information to clients and decision makers
- Development and testing of relevant technical solutions