We have pressure tanks that are used to simulate different service conditions for the offshore industry. In our modern equipment park we also have instrumentations for numerous field measurements onshore and offshore.
We perform contract research for the Norwegian and international electrotechnical industry, energy distribution and supply, and maritime activities. We are also cooperating with NTNU in their education of MSc and PhD students.
- Electrotechnical materials (conductors- and insulation materials):
Long-term ageing mechanisms, test equipment, test methods
- Thermal, electric and magnetic calculations: 2D and 3D
- Electrotechnical components
Design, loading, selection of materials, ageing mechanisms, service experience and testing
- Cables and cable accessories (AC and DC; onshore and offshore)
- Transformers; oil filled and dry type
- Overhead lines
- Circuit breakers (onshore and offshore)
- Superconductors and electrical insulation techniques