The department of Science Communication develops knowledge products and research documents for public distribution. Our area of competence includes all levels of the publishing process:
- Initiating new publications in the building and infrastructure sector
- Evaluating and selecting manuscripts to be published
- Improving the quality of manuscripts by editing for textual organization, content and technical and linguistic accuracy and style
- Illustrating technical subjects
- Furnishing publications with layout and graphic design
- Preparing publications for printing
- Marketing and distribution
Information and marketing
We handle media communication, prepare press releases and produce folders, presentations and advertisements. The department of Science Communication also produces and maintains the SINTEF Building and Infrastructure web pages.
Building Research Design Guides
Using clear text and detailed illustrations, this series provides concrete solutions and advice on a wide range of specialist building issues. It is updated twice a year and is available on paper and via Internet, see bks.byggforsk.no (Norwegian only).