SINTEF NBL performs fire resistance tests of construction elements, structures and components by use of modern equipment, built in accordance with international specifications.
- Tests of construction elements and structures for onshore use in horizontal and vertical furnaces in order to verify their fire resistance according to national and international standards.
- Tests of structures and construction elements for ship/offshore use in horizontal and vertical furnaces in order to verify their fire resistance according to international standards.
- Tests of passive fire protection materials exposed to simulated Jet-Fire.
- Tests of construction elements and structures in a small scale (pilot) furnace for verification and/or product development purposes in small scale.
- Fire technical assessment on the basis of standard fire testing and fire technical experience.
The furnaces at SINTEF NBL are flexible and capable of exposing both lightweight combustible constructions as well as non-combustible constructions with high heat capacity in accordance with different heating regimes; -standard time-temperature curves and non standard fire curves.