Our expertise is organised in three areas:
Our customers are the public sector and private industry in Norway and abroad. We work in a wide field concerning water and wastewater, also internationally. We are partner in several large EU projects.
We are around 20 employees, and we collaborate closely with other departments at SINTEF and with NTNU's Department of Hydraulic and Environmental Engineering.
Typical project in our department include:
- Development and testing of new and optimisation of existing processes for water and wastewater treatment
- Consultancy services related to building of new or upgrading of existing treatment plants for water and wastewater
- Optimisation of treatment plants for NOM removal by coagulation – direct filtration
- Independent evaluation of solutions for water and wastewater systems
- Development of decision support tools for rehabilitation of water and wastewater networks
- Modelling of water networks and sewer systems
- Water treatment and reuse in land based fish farming