SINTEF's projects cover the topics from materials research, condition monitoring and testing to modelling of transformer properties and it interaction with connected grids.
Photo: Owe Stubberud, Statnett
- Ageing performance of cellulose insulation
- Characterization of dielectric liquids
- Condition monitoring like e.g. partial discharge measurement, acoustic defect location, frequency response, dielectric response, oil tests etc.
- Measurement and modelling of losses
- Building terminal equivalents for EMTP analysis
- Analysis of surge stress, resonances, in-rush currents
- Fire- and explosion hazards
- Thermal modelling
- Geomagnetic ally induced currents in transformers
- Life estimation
- Health indexes
- Scrapping and failure investigations
- A research project addresses dielectric properties of liquids, modelling of breakdown channel propagation and applying ultra-rapid imaging of prebreakdown phenomena.
- A research project on thermal modelling of transformers is about to start. In the innovation side one project addresses health indexes and life estimation for transformers.