CINELDI will ensure that we are building the smart energy system of the future
- CINELDI will contribute to designing the future's flexible and robust electrical distribution grid at an acceptable cost.
- CINELDI will facilitate renewable energy, electrification of transport and more efficient use of energy.
CINELDI will develop a knowledge base for electrical grid operators and authorities to establish good strategies for the future distribution grid.
This will provide:
- More efficient grid operations
- Reduced costs for investments and operations
- Future-oriented regulation of utility companies, to ensure the socially efficient development and operation of the power grid.
CINELDI will also provide new business opportunities for technology providers:
- New products and services
- Development of commercial solutions
- Strengthening of national and international competitiveness
- Increased visibility and recruitment
Duration: 2016 - 2024
Budget: 360 millions NOK
SINTEF Energy Research will head the programme in cooperation with NTNU.
CINELDI Work packages
And 13 international research partners from Europe, the USA and Japan.
Read more about SINTEFs related activities:
- Smartgrids - strategic research area NTNU
- Renewable Energy System Laboratory
- Smartgrid - The Norwegian Smartgrid Centre
- Fault and interruption handling in smart distribution systems
- DeVID - Demonstration and verification of intelligent distribution network
- FlexNett (in Norwegian)
- eCar - A strategy for electrification of road transport in Norway
- FaSAD - Fault and interruption handling in smart distribution systems
- OiDG - Optimal infrastructure for seamless integration of distributed generation
- Environmental benefits from full scale deployment of Smart meters
- RISK-DSAM - Risk-based Distribution System Asset Management