We work within these areas:
- Testing of biomass properties in HTL processes
- HTL product (HTL biocrude and HTL char) characterization and valorization
- Hydrothermal carbonization (HTC) for production of biochar from wet residues
- Model development for HTL processes
- Optimization of HTL processes
- Energy efficiency in HTL processes
- Emission minimization in HTL processes
- Techno-economic studies
Our projects range from feasibility studies to larger scale testing. We are specialists in techno-economic evaluation and have experimental facilities covering the majority of the value chain.
Why choose SINTEF?
SINTEF offers a unique laboratory infrastructure for investigation of HTL of wet biomass and residues. We are a team of specialists in experiments and modelling offering quality assured results with industry relevance. We work with Norwegian and international industry, raw material suppliers, technology providers and end-users.