What do we do? What's our expertise?
We have developed a comprehensive and consistent methodology and a flexible and transparent simulation tool which can be used to:
- evaluate a CCS chain on several levels: chain components, actor/owner, global chain
- conduct parameter sensitivity studies (technical, economic, global parameters)
- implement new modules and additional criteria within the existing framework
- perform critical and consistent evaluations of the chain component modules with respect to multiple techno-economic and environmental criteria and illustrated their functionalities on several illustrative case studies.
Examples of systematic evaluations of various chain alternatives, including sensitivity analyses. are (but are not limited to):
- Pipeline versus shipping, comparing CO2 transport volumes, transport distances, etc.
- CO2 capture ratios, comparing various capture technologies (amine, membrane, etc.)
- CO2 capture plant capacities
- Flexibility in plant operations
- Storage aspects, including EOR