SINTEF has access to a wide range of state-of-the art characterization equipment and modelling tools, through own laboratories or through partnerships with other research institutions, like the national research infrastructure facilities NORTEM (Norwegian Centre for Transmission Electron Microscopy) and NICE (National Surface and Interface Characterisation Laboratory).
We offer expertise on:
- Atomistic, microstructural, thermodynamic and multi-scale modelling
- High resolution structural analysis via SEM/TEM and associated techniques as well as X-ray diffraction/absorption.
- Surface chemical and compositional analysis via XPS, AES, SIMS, GD-MS and GD-OES.
- High precision topographic analysis via AFM, WLI.
- Chemical/structural analysis of single and mixed phase materials with NMR.
- Chemical analysis with LC/GC/FTICR-MS
Research group for Materials Physics in Oslo, SINTEF Materials and Cheimstry