Combinatorial (high throughput) synthesis, testing and characterisation of catalysts and adsorbents.
Contact person: Duncan Akporiaye
Characterisation laboratories (XRD, TEM, SEM, TPX, IR, BET, NMR, Hg porosiometry, surface and pore characterisation, chemisorption)
Contact person: Gunnar Carlsen
Laboratory facilities KinCat - Gemini senter
- Laboratory for catalyst preparation and synthesis
- Rigs in laboratory scale for study of reaction kinetics in different type of reactors (fixed-bed, continuously stirred reactors, monoliths, etc.) and mode (continuous, cyclic, etc.). Dedicated and general purpose rigs are designed and built locally.
- Reactors are designed and built locally according to specifications (T, P, etc.): Materials: Stainless steel, special alloys (i.e. Incoloy, etc.), quartz, ceramics (alumina, alsint, etc.).
- Mini-pilot plants for testing of different refinery processes
- Analysis (on-line GC – conventional and microGC, on-line MS, sulfur, nitrogen, density, etc.)
- Conventional catalyst characterization techniques available (chemisorption, surface characterization, TPx, XRD, etc.)
- Advanced characterization (isotopic studies/MS, micro balance (TGA), a.o. oscillating microbalance/GC, calorimetry and spectroscopic methods)
Contact person: Torbjørn Gjervan